1. Where _____ from?
I'm from Brazil.
2. We have____ house in Campina Grande.
3. I have two ____, a boy and a girl.
4. I work in a ____. I’m a doctor.
5. This is my brother. ____ name’s Paul
6. ____ five people in my family.
7. I get up ____ 7 o’clock in the morning.
8. I like apples, but I ____ bananas.
9. Excuse me, ____ speak Spanish?
10. How much are ____ shoes?
11. Where are my glasses?
They’re ____ the table.
12. My sister ____ tennis very well.
13. I usually go to work ____ train.
14. I don’t see my parents very often ____ they live in South Africa.
15. Rosie stayed ___ home yesterday afternoon
16. Last night I ____ to the cinema.
17. The ____ is quite expensive but the food there is excellent.
18. Do you want to listen to music or ____ TV?
19. ____ were you at the weekend?
I was in Argentina.
20. ____ you have a good time at the party?
Yes, it was fun.
21. Are you ____ English teacher?
22. Bob will meet ____ at the airport.
23. I’m going to a concert tonight. ____ you like to come?
24. ____ use your dictionary?
Sure. Here you are.
25. I like this apartment but the ____ is too expensive for me.
26. Excuse me, how do I ____ to the bus station?
27. Do you sell stamps?
Yes, we do. How ____ do you want?
28. Sorry I’m so late.
29. I’d like ____ milk in my coffee, please.
30. ____ a bus stop near my flat.
31. Is this a good time to talk?
Sorry, no. I ____ dinner.
32. I think cycling is more dangerous ____ driving.
33. We ____ going to the theatre next Saturday.
34. ____ meet for coffee sometime soon.
35. João has got a holiday home near ____ sea.
36. If you’ve got a headache, you ____ go home.
37. ____ ever been to New York?
38. I only get about five hours’ sleep a night.
That’s not ____.
39. Did Isabela finish the report?
No. She ____ it tomorrow.
40. Paula ____ loves working with children.
41. Is Ottawa the capital of Canada?
I think ____.
42. We never ____ a television when I was a child.
43. We paid the restaurant bill ____ credit card.
44. The last time I ____ Joanna was in Paris.
45. If you ____ money from a friend, you should always pay it back promptly.
46. Can I make myself a cup of coffee?
Of course. You ____ to ask.
47. I ____ a lot of sport in my free time.
48. ____ anywhere interesting recently?
49. It’s Walter’s birthday on Friday. He ____ be 30, I think.
50. Learning the piano isn’t as difficult ____ learning the violin.
51. If the weather ____ bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
52. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola ____ drunk around the world every day.
53. My mum’s not very well.
Oh, __________ .
54. Hans isn’t here. He ____ to see his grandmother. He’ll be back tomorrow.
55. Would you mind changing my appointment? ____ time on Friday is fine.
56. When I was a child, I ____ climb the wall and jump into our neighbours’ garden.
57. Have you finished ____ the wall yet?
58. Can you help me? I’ve tried ____ hotel in the city and can’t find a room.
59. Lena used to find work boring _________ she became a nurse.
60. If I _________ closer to my office, I could walk to work.
61. I __________ outside the cinema when suddenly a police car arrived.
62. Shall we go to Outback for dinner? It ________ be fully booked. They’re sometimes busy on a Monday.
63. We’ve _________ come back from a trip to India. It was amazing.
64. I’ve got to be at work in five minutes. Don’t worry, I ________ you a lift if you want.
65. My doctor advised me _________ more exercise.
66. I couldn’t __________ up with the noise in the city, so we moved to the countryside.
67. There’s no name on this dictionary. It _________ be mine then. Mine’s got my name on the front.
68. Julia __________ married since she was 20.
69. Don’t worry if I ________ late tonight. I’m going to the gym after work.
70. I’ve got a terrible headache, and it won't go away. Have you tried ________ some aspirin?
71. Boxing is a sport ___________ requires a lot of speed and fitness.
72. Jon _________ working on this project for a couple of months so he hasn’t made much progress yet.
73. I was wondering _______ I could ask you some questions. Sure, go ahead.
74. What clothes should I pack for a trip to Boston? Well, it depends __________ the time of year that you go.
75. I’ve finished this salad and I’m still hungry. I _______ ordered something more filling.
76. Do you ever ask your neighbours to do favours ________ you?
77. Some married couples seem to get more ________ over time.
78. I don’t know how much this card costs. The price label’s ___________ off.
79. Ben got the job because he __________ a very good impression at his interview.
80. Salsa music always __________ me of my trip to Cuba.
81. I __________ to be picking Tom up at the station but I've lost my keys.
82. How about going to Colours nightclub? There’s no ___________ I'm going there. It’s awful!
83. By the age of 18, I ________ not to go to university.
84. I’m afraid your car __________ repaired before next week.
85. The amount of organically grown food on sale has ________ enormously in recent years.
86. Can you believe it? A woman has been ___________ for hacking into the computer of her online virtual husband.
87. You may borrow my laptop __________ you promise to look after it.
88. It’s a huge painting. It _________ taken ages to complete.
89. Paul tends to put _________ dealing with problems, rather than dealing with them immediately.
90. If the taxi hadn’t stopped for us, we ________ standing in the rain.
91. My mother’s Italian, so _________ the language has been quite easy for me.
92. ____________ I had the talent, I still wouldn’t want to be a movie star.
93. The factory workers threatened _________ on strike if they didn’t get a pay rise.
94. I was about to go to sleep when it _________ to me where the missing keys might be.
95. There’s going to be a new department at work. They’ve asked me to ___________ it up.
96. If the film is a _________ success, the director will get most of the credit.
97. By the end of today’s seminar I will _________ to each of you individually.
98. This is a photo of my little sister ________ ice cream on the beach.
99. Our students take their responsibilities very ___________.
100. Bia was __________ delighted with the birthday present.
101. People were amazed that the burglary took place in __________ daylight.
102. She invested a lot of time ________ researching the most appropriate university course.
103. The police claimed that they acted in self- _______.
104. I __________ remember putting my briefcase down on that shelf.
105. He turned _________ to be considerably older than I had imagined.
106. The windows in this house are in urgent _________ of replacement.
107. Speed cameras __________ shown to reduce accidents.
108. Life is a ________ deal easier for immigrants who can speak the local language.
109. The experiment ___________ testing people's responses before and after drinking coffee.
110. We may be a bit late. We’re __________ in a traffic jam.
111. Having __________ his driving test several times, Paul finally passed at the fourth attempt.
112. Gospel music has been a major influence ________ other musical styles, especially soul.
113. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, ___________ business you’re in.
114. It’s __________ likely that this novel will win a literary prize.
115. It’s no ________ for me to get Brad’s phone number ? I’ll be seeing him tonight.
116. I’d lived in Australia, so I was used to __________ on the left side of the road.
117. I don’t think the colours in Julia’s outfit ________ together.
118. Very rarely _________ here in July.
119. I prefer to buy CDs __________ download music to my computer.
120. The number of turtles on the island ___________ by 70% over the last decade.